Spring is here, the grocery stores and farmers’ markets are bursting with fresh fruits and vegetables. Gone are the winter comfort foods as we welcome the lighter and fresh foods of the season! In honor of May being National Gluten Free Month, I am sharing 10 of my favorite Easy and Delicious gluten-free recipes for the summer that are perfect for everyone!
I am not gluten free, nor is this blog dedicated to gluten-free, but since I have cut back on processed foods, I’ve naturally reduced the amount of gluten that I eat, and I don’t even miss it. Unfortunately, there are many people that don’t have the luxury to just cut back on gluten because a gluten-free diet is a necessity. This list of easy and delicious gluten- free recipes can be enjoyed by anyone that is looking for easy summer food whether you are gluten free or not!
- Cucumber Salad with tomatoes and Basil – If you are gluten-free, salads can become boring, why not up your game with this salad that’s made with spiralized cucumbers, tomatoes and basil for a refreshing side dish that goes well with grilled seafood, chicken or pork.
2. Asparagus and White Bean Salad – perfect as a meal all by itself, or top with grilled lean protein of choice
3. Asian Zucchini Ribbon Salad – ribbons of zucchini are mixed with tomatoes in an Asian dressing, the perfect companion for grilled meat
4. Zucchini Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara Sauce – spiralized zucchini topped with marinara sauce and meaty tasting lentils
5. Grilled Jerk Chicken with Pineapple – Chicken soaked in a jerk marinade and grilled with pineapple
6. Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa – Tuna is grilled to perfection and topped with spicy and sweet salsa
7. Loaded Chopped Salad – A filling salad that’s loaded with vegetables, lean protein, and beans
8. No Bake Turtle Brownies – no bake and no gluten, these brownies are gooey and delicious
9. Homemade Black Berry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream – Once you have a taste of creamy homemade ice cream you will never want the store bought stuff again