Ribbons of zucchini with tomatoes and onions mixed with a slightly spicy Asian dressing make up this refreshing summer salad.
It’s time for recipe redux once again, and I hope you are ready for another zucchini recipe! My garden is still overflowing zucchini along with other wonderful fresh produce. Here is a basket of goodies that I picked yesterday, it’s so easy to be a vegetarian in the summer!
Back the recipe redux theme for July. . .
Getting Your Veggies in Shape
“With produce galore, now’s a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. Show us how you’re serving the bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts. ”
Zucchini ribbons. . .
There is no shortage of zucchini around here and I have and a new spiralizer which is my favorite kitchen gadget these days. The theme this month was a no-brainer – zucchini ribbons and tomatoes because we can’t eat them up fast enough! I really do love my spiralizer, it makes these ribbons so effortlessly!
Once the ribbons are made, the tomatoes are chopped and the onions are sliced.
The sesame seeds are added, and the dressing is made and poured over top – Enjoy!
Ribbons of zucchini with Asian Dressing! Click To Tweet
- 2 small to medium sized zucchini
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 15 to 20 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- 1½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Using a spiralzier make zucchini ribbons
- Place ribbons into a bowl, add the onions,, tomatoes and sesame seeds
- Mix up the dressing and pour over the salad
Be sure to check the recipes below to see how the reduxers are shaping up their vegetables.
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***