Chocolate and bananas are mixed into overnight oats and topped with dried cherries, walnuts, coconut and more bananas for a quick and nourishing breakfast.
Overnight oats are not new, but I think they are a genius way to serve oatmeal on busy mornings. Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day, but it’s not the always the easiest when it comes to eating wholesome foods. Whip up a batch or two of overnight oats early in the week, store them in jars – and you are covered for breakfast for a few days!
The basic ingredients for my overnight oats are organic rolled oats, chia seeds, water or your favorite milk, almond butter and a mason jar or two. Not only do these little jars of awesomeness taste good, they are a very nutritious breakfast. They loaded with protein, fiber and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
These Banana- chocolate & walnut overnight oats are my go to when I want a sweet tasting breakfast. The banana sweetens the oatmeal just enough, but if you need a little extra sweetener add a chopped date or a teaspoon of real maple syrup.Chocolate and bananas are mixed into overnight oats and topped with dried cherries, walnuts,… Click To Tweet
- ½ smashed banana
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water or your favorite milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Optional 1 tablespoon maple syrup or diced medjool date
- 1 teaspoon dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- ⅛ cup chopped walnuts
- place ingredients into a pint sized mason jar
- cover the jar and shake gently until all ingredients are combined
- place in refrigerator overnight
- sprinkle with toppings just before serving and enjoy
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***
UPDATED September 28, 2016