Brussels sprouts are shredded then tossed in a light vinaigrette dressing along with toasted walnuts and strawberries to make up this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad.
This salad is a winner! Not only is it crunchy, tangy and slightly sweet, it’s packed with deliciously filling and healthy ingredients. Healthy + delicious = winner . . . right? Since Brussels sprouts stand up well to dressing, it can be made ahead of time another bonus!
Brussels sprouts are the kind of vegetable that people either love or hate. I used to be on the hate side until several years ago when I discovered how much better they taste when they are not boiled. If you came from the hate side of Brussels sprouts as I did, chances are you had them boiled too. I urge you to give them another try in a salad or roasted – you will be pleasantly surprised, trust me.
This salad is easy to put together. If you use pre-shaved Brussels sprouts it will be ready in just a few simple minutes. Otherwise, you can shred the Brussels sprouts with a food processor or carefully slice them thin with a knife. Serve the salad a side or top it off with a grilled chicken breast for satisfying dinner.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 pint strawberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar3
- tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- pre heat oven to 375
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and add walnuts
- Toast the walnuts in the over for approximately 8 to 10 minutes - remove and set aside
- Trim the Brussels sprouts and chop off the ends
- Using a food processor or sharp knife shave the Brussels sprouts and place into a bowl
- Clean and remove tops of strawberries and cut them into quarters and place into the bowl with Brussels sprouts
- Add the walnuts and mix all ingredients
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients and pour over salad
My Ingredient Picks:
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***