Deep, dark velvety chocolate is mixed with goji berries, walnuts and coconut flakes for a slightly bitter-sweet crunchy treat.
I love chocolate, and more importantly I love making my own chocolate. It’s another one of those foods that is insanely easy to make with only three healthy ingredients . . . organic coconut oil, dark organic cacao powder and organic maple syrup. Compare those ingredients to any commercial candy bar. This is rich dark chocolate without the guilt! And did I say it tastes delicious?
I always have some sort of homemade chocolate in my fridge, but lately this bark has been my favorite. The goji berries, have numerous health benefits add they add just a hint of extra sweetness. So go ahead and get your fill of antioxidants with this delicious chocolate and goji berry bark. While you here, check out my Dark Chocolate Almond Bites and Mexican Chocolates.
- melt the coconut oil over medium heat
- add the cacao powder to the liquefied coconut oil and mix well
- turn heat off and add the maple syrup and stir for a few minutes
- stir in the goji berries, nuts, seeds and coconut flakes
- pour into a parchment lined 9X6 pan
- refrigerate for 20 minutes and sprinkle with additional walnuts, goji berries and coconut if desired
- refrigerate for 30 miniutes more until completely hardened
- break into bits and and store in refrigerator
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***