These crispy little bites of coconut are made with only 4 ingredients. They are naturally sweetened, vegan, gluten free and delicious.
Good news – coconuts have shed their bad reputation! They are no longer considered artery clogging and disease causing. They are an incredibly nutritional food, and always have been. They even aid in weight loss! You can read all about their health benefits right here.
The simple ingredients that are needed to make these delicious bites are; shredded coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil and dark cacao. Once the coconut, syrup and coconut oil are mixed together they are formed into delicate piles of coco-nutty goodness.
They cook quickly in the oven for a few minutes, until they are slightly crispy and golden.
Once they cool off, they the are dipped into homemade chocolate. Even though these coconut bites are healthy, they will not disappoint in the taste department. Store them in the refrigerator to keep the chocolate solid.
- pre-heat oven to 350
- mix the coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup together
- use a teaspoon to mound the coconut and gently press so that mixture holds together, they will be a bit fragile
- place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes - watching them after 5 minutes -they brown fast!
- while bites are cooling, make the chocolate:
- melt the coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat, add the cacao and maple syrup and remove from heat and mix well.
- dip the bottom of each bite into the chocolate mixture and place in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens
- * these should be stored in the fridge
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***