These dark chocolate almond bites are made with deep dark cacao powder, chewy medjool dates along with a hint of almonds and coconut. They take minutes to make, are gluten-free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
Don’t let the healthy ingredient list scare you away, these Dark Chocolate Almond Bites are decadent to say the least. And there is nothing wrong with decadent being healthy is there?
Medjool dates are naturally sweet, loaded with fiber and are an excellent source of potassium and vitamins. The almonds add protein, the cacao powder is rich with antioxidants and the coconut tops it off with its immune boosting properties. So go ahead and enjoy – they are made from wholesome naturally delicious ingredients.
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 12 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut
- place almonds into food processor and process until crumbly
- add dates and cacao powder and process until mixture forms into a large cluster
- remove from processor and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- remove from refrigerator and roll the mixture into ½ in balls
- roll each ball in shredded coconut and enjoy