Dried cranberries and almonds are surrounded by dark chocolate in this healthier version of chocolate bark.
A few years ago I discovered just how easy and delicious it is to make chocolate at home. It’s another one of those why didn’t I know this sooner kind of recipes. It only has three base ingredients (cacao powder, coconut oil and maple syrup) which, by the way, taste perfectly fine by all themselves and even better when other ingredients are mixed in.
When it’s not loaded with sugar, dark chocolate has so many health benefits. Not only is it rich in disease-fighting antioxidants, it has been linked to reducing blood pressure and improving heart health. This chocolate is naturally sweetened with a small amount of maple syrup and dried cranberries which perfectly balance out the bitterness of the cacao.
Your chocolate craving will be satisfied after just one bite of this dark chocolate almond bark. It’s slightly sweet, rich and creamy – you might even wonder why you ever settled for the store bought stuff!
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup dark cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup organic dried cranberries
- Line a small (8X6) pan with parchment paper
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat
- Once completely melted stir in the cacao powder and syrup
- Turn heat off and continue to mix well
- Stir in the nuts and dried fruit
- Pour the mixture into baking sheet - it will be thin and place in the fridge
VARIATIONS. . .
- You can add any combination of ingredients to this chocolate. Some of my favorites are: raisins, peanuts, cashews, and coconut flakes.
- Honey can be used in place of maple syrup
- Store leftover chocolates in the refrigerator
INGREDIENT PICKS. . .
Please note that some of these are affiliate links which means if you click on it and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
- Navitas Organic Dark Cacao Powder
- Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Raw Almonds
- Organic Dried Cranberries
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***