Fall veggie power bowls are made with brussels sprouts, cauliflower, quinoa and mushrooms. A hearty plant based bowl that is loaded with wholesome goodness.
I love making bowls, they are so easy to put together and can be made up of just about anything that you have in your fridge and pantry. Plus when made with the right ingredients they can be amazingly healthy. And that’s what this month’s recipe redux is all about, healthy plant power bowls. . .
“Packed with protein, fiber and color, plant power bowls are trendy and delicious. Show us the healthy recipe that’s in your bowl.”
Since fall is in full swing I decided to use some of my favorite fall vegetables in my plant powered bowl. If you don’t already have cooked quinoa, let it cook while you are preparing the veggies. The sauce can be made ahead of time or mixed while the vegetables are cooking.
If you are looking for a healthy and quick meal, bowls are a perfect choice. The possibilities are endless, you can mix and match veggies, proteins and grains for a different creation every time! If you are looking for bowl inspiration check out my Carnitas Chicken Bowl or my Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ½ onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ head of cauliflower rough chopped
- 1½ cups of brussels sprouts quartered
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 chopped green onions
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- ⅛ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- heat the oil in a skillet and add the onions, mushrooms and garlic cook until mushrooms begin to brown - remove from pan and set aside
- add the chopped brussels sprouts and cauliflower along with the remaining garlic and cook until vegetables become soft about 10 minutes stir in the tamari sauce reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes more
- make the sauce by combining all ingredients into a jar or bowl and whisk or shake until well combined.
- place quinoa and vegetables into bowls and top with desired amount of sauce. There may be sauce left over to enjoy on salads or in stir fries.
For more bowl inspiration check out these from Recipe Redux Members . . .