Greek Pasta Salad is made with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and herbs in a lemony dressing – a cool and refreshing side for your next summer barbecue.
Did you ever notice that pasta salads are more pasta and less salad? I think if salad is in your name, you should be made up of mostly vegetables and less pasta. So that’s what I did.
This salad is full of fresh summer vegetables and a little bit of pasta. This time I used Banza pasta, it’s made with chick peas. It’s higher in protein and fiber than whole wheat pasta and it’s gluten free.
- 1½ cups uncooked whole wheat or Banza Chick Pea Pasta
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 2½ cups tomatoes,chopped
- ½ cup Bermuda onions, diced
- ½ cup kalamatta olives, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 14/ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- For the Dressing
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ up olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the pasta package
- while pasta is cooking place the chopped cucumbers on a paper towel to remove the excess moisture
- once pasta has been cooked and drained place into a bowl, add the vegetables, herbs and cheese
- mix the dressing and pour over pasta mixture gently toss
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***