Tender grilled asparagus, creamy white beans, onions, and tomatoes make up this easy and delicious grilled asparagus and white bean salad.
It’s spring, and that means it’s asparagus season. Since the season is short for fresh asparagus, I eat it as often as I can for a few weeks because when it’s fresh, it tastes so much better. I roast it, grill it, steam it, shave it into salads or make a salad like this asparagus salad.
Serve asparagus and white bean salad all by itself for a vegetarian meal, or as a side with grilled chicken or fish. Here’s how you make it. . .
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus - approx 1½ lbs
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half or quartered plum tomatoes
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup white beans
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- one clove crushed garlic
- Place cleaned and cut asparagus spears on a grill and grill over a medium flame turning frequently until they become tender - about 10 minutes
- Remove from grill and allow to cool
- Place tomatoes, onions, and bean in a large bowl
- Once asparagus is cool enough to handle slice into 1 inch slices and add to bowl
- Add the dressing and mix well
MY INGREDIENT PICKS. . .
Please note these are affiliate links which means that if you click on one of the links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I normally use. Thank you for supporting Simple and Savory.
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***