It’s time for the Secret Recipe Club once again. This month I was paired with Cook With Sara. Sara is a mid-western girl that loves to cook and eat. Which shows on her blog, she has a LOT of yummy recipes to choose from. There are so many recipes on her blog, it took me a few days to make up my mind. Here are a few that caught my eye:
When I came across her English Muffin Bread recipe, I knew that would be perfect to try out with my new Kitchen Aid mixer. AND then my oven broke – a part was on order and time was running out so I went back to Sara’s blog. In the appetizer section, I found an interesting recipe for Goat Cheese Guacamole. I love guacamole, and I love goat cheese, but never thought of putting them together. I was pleasantly surprised because it was delicious!
It was easy and quick to put together with just a few ingredients that are mashed together with a fork.
The sun-dried tomatoes, onions, lime juice really bring out the flavor of the goat cheese and avocado. I followed Sara’s recipe except I added a clove of garlic, because I put garlic in just about everything. Thanks Sara for an interesting recipe that I would have never thought to make, and will most definitely be making again!
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of lime juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- Place peeled avocados into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add onion, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapeno, and lime juice. Mash together with fork. Gently fold in goat cheese. Add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until served. Serves 6-8.