According to Wikepedia a foodie is . . .
“a person who has an ardent or refined interest in food. A foodie seeks new food experiences as a hobby rather than simply eating out of convenience or hunger.”
In other words a foodie LOVES everything about food. If you are a foodie or have a foodie in your life you know that they will go out of their way to enjoy their food. And it’s not just about the food it’s also about the food experience. To celebrate foodies this holiday season I have put together a list of my picks for holiday gift ideas for the for the foodies in your life.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Edible Gifts & Accessories
1. Sunbasket Is a meal delivery service that sends you a box of pre-portioned ingredients with recipes. All ingredients are certified organic, non-gmo and responsibly sourced. There are gluten free, vegetarian and paleo options. You can subscribe to receive frequent deliveries or you can place a one time order. One of the coolest things about Sunbasket is this holiday party platter filled with super delicious snacks for holiday entertaining. You can check out my review of Sunbasket right here. This is fun for a family night of prepping food together or just to explore new recipes!
2. Nuts.com – If you have a foodie in your life that loves nuts, you have to check out Nuts.com. It is an online nut retailer that sells nuts and so much more. Everything I have ordered from them arrives quickly and tastes incredibly fresh! My holiday picks from Nuts.com are the Crave Basket which is loaded with all kinds of goodies or the custom tray which is customized to the likes of your favorite foodie.
3. Naturebox – Do you have a healthy snacker in your life? If so, a subscription Naturebox might be the perfect gift. It’s a subscription service that delivers healthy snacks to your door every month. How much fun is that? They also offer a one-time purchase gift box that contains a variety of healthy and tasty snacks.
4. Slate Cheese Tray With Dipping Accessories – Perfect for the entertainer. This cheese board kit comes with dipping dishes, knives, a slate board and a piece of chalk so your guests don’t have to guess what they are eating.
5. Aerating Wine Glasses – These are for the wine lover in your life. Swirl your wine around in these glasses to aerate your wine, they are pretty to look at too!
A Few of My Favorite Cookbooks
7. Mark Bittman’s Kitchen Matrix – A beautiful cookbook that offers a lot of different ideas for preparing your own food. It inspires creativity and simplicity in the kitchen.
8. The Food Lab– Another beautiful cookbook that emphasizes a scientific approach to cooking – perfect for the foodie nerd.