Welcome June and a new series — Marvelous Meal Matrix. A way to make meal preparing and planning easy and it can be customized so that you can enjoy the foods that YOU like. One of the most important things you can do for your health is to prepare your own food. But it’s not always that easy, and it can even get boring at times. I’ve put together a series of food matrices to help you put together quick, easy and fantastically delicious meals with a few simple ingredients.
On the first Wednesday of the month I will post a new matrix that lists a combination of seasonal foods with a theme or cooking style. On each Wednesday of the month, I will share a recipe using a combination of foods listed on the matrix. By the end of the month, you will have four new ideas for quick and healthy meals that can be adjusted to your taste. My hope is to inspire you to come up with your own ideas from the matrix that you can use throughout the year.
Since June marks the beginning of summer, this month’s theme is cook it all one one. . . grill or pan. When the weather is warm, I enjoy cooking on the grill and often cook an entire meal on the grill.
This week I grilled up a combination of broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and boneless chicken breasts. I then mixed up some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh garlic to baste the chicken and served it with a side of reserved sauce. If grilling is not for you, the recipe includes oven instructions.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 head organic broccoli cut into larger sized florets
- 1 head organic cauliflower cut into larger sized florets
- 1 small to medium potatoes cut into wedges
- For the Sauce:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat the grill
- place the olive oil and garlic into a large bowl and add the vegetables
- toss until they are coated with the oil
- mix the sauce and set one half of mixture aside
- using a brush coat the chicken breasts with the sauce and place on one side of the grill
- using tongs gently place the vegetables on the other side of the grill
- grill over low to medium heat - turn chicken breasts after 7 to 10 minutes and cook until done basting periodically.
- Turn veggies over as they begin to brown and remove from grill when they become soft
- As vegetables come off of grill brush them with the reserved basting mixture
- Drizzle remaining reserved sauce over chicken and serve
- NOTE: The cauliflower and potatoes will take longer than the broccoli
- TO Make this on a sheet pan:
- pre-heat oven to 375
- line a cookie sheet with parchment
- drizzle one quarter of the reserved sauce onto the pan
- place the vegetables and chicken on the pan and toss them gently so that all are coated
- bake for 35 to 40 minutes
**Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***