The meat will not be missed in this spicy meatless version of tacos in lettuce wraps.
I’ve been on a lettuce wrap kick lately, and these are my favorites. The first time I served these, my family thought there was meat in the filling. The protein packed quinoa and beans add a “meaty” texture which is very satisfying. Add your favorite toppings, wrap up in lettuce for a little hand-held taco salad and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 TablespoonChili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ Teaspoonoregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Small head of Romaine or bibb lettuce cleaned
- Diced avocados, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, olives, fresh salsa for topping
- Add the avocado oil to a skillet over medium heat – add the pepper, onion and garlic – cook for about 5 minutes until crisp tender
- Stir in the quinoa, black beans and spices mix well
- Add the water and tomatoes - allow to cook for at least 5 minutes more to blend in the spices
- Add the chopped cilantro and remove from heat
- Place a scoop of filling mixture onto a lettuce leaf and top with your favorite toppings and enjoy !
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***