This Mediterranean style quiche is made with farm fresh local eggs, baby spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, kalamata olives and feta cheese on top of a crust of crispy home fried potatoes. It’s another super simple recipe AND it’s made in one pan. It’s a nutritious breakfast that will satisfy your appetite and keep you feeling full.
The shredded potatoes in place of pie crust saves on prep time, and I happen to think that potatoes taste much better than pie crust. I used a food processor to shred the potatoes and added them to a hot cast iron pan. They cooked with the onions and garlic until they turned brown and crispy on the bottom.
I layered the potatoes with the vegetables, cheese and poured the egg mixture on top. It was then placed into the oven for 20 minutes.
Notice the bright yellow color from the farm fresh eggs which taste so much better than regular eggs, and they are better for you. This quiche can be served for breakfast or dinner. Slice leftovers into individual serving sizes for a quick breakfast during the week.
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 mushrooms sliced thin
- ¾ cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes chopped
- ⅛ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- add the eggs to a bowl along with the milk and oregano and whisk until well blended and set aside
- grate the potatoes using a hand grater or food processor
- heat oil in cast iron pan over high for about 5 minutes
- reduce heat to medium high and add the potatoes, garlic and onions - spread out into an even layer in pan
- press down with a spatula cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the bottom begins to brown and potatoes start to soften on top
- with the heat still on, layer the vegetables on top of the potatoes
- and top with the cheese
- pour the egg mixture on top and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until egg are set
- Slice and serve
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***