This creamy five ingredient guacamole can be made in a matter of minutes, food processor not required.
Even though it might sound complicated, guacamole is one of the easiest dips to make. All you need are a few ripe avocados, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, ground cumin and a fork. It can’t get any easier than that.
You can get fancy by adding ingredients such as chopped onions, tomatoes or jalapeno, but it’s not necessary. Sometimes the simpler the food is the better it tastes, and that’s how it is with this guacamole. The lime juice enhances the taste of the avocado perfectly and mashing it with a fork gives it a bit of a chunky texture.
Serve the guacamole with your favorite organic corn chips, fresh vegetables or use as a spread on a sandwich. Be sure to eat it up in one sitting because avocados spoil easily. Leftover guac is one of the few foods that do not taste better the next day.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut the avocados in half and remove pits
- Scoop the insides out of the avocado and place into a bowl and mash with a fork
- add the crushed garlic, lime juice, cumin and cilantro and mix well
- serve immediately