Change up your vegetable platter with vegetables roasted in olive oil and served with a cashew cheese dip.
It seems like every time there is a veggie platter at a get together it’s always the same thing; broccoli, baby carrots, celery and dip that’s usually made with mayonnaise. The thing that bothers me the most about those platters is the dip. Vegetables are so perfectly healthy all by themselves and they are left to be drenched in a mayonnaise based dip. So I decided to switch it up and roast some veggies and dip them in cashew cheese. The result was pretty amazing.
You can use any of your favorite vegetables for the platter. I chose broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, potatoes, peppers and beets. Mushrooms, carrots, asparagus and sweet potatoes will work well for this too.
The vegetables are roasted in the oven for about 20 minutes. If you use beets, it’s a good idea to roast the lighter colored vegetables on a separate tray just in case the juice from the beets spreads. I roasted the beets with the broccoli.
The “cheese” can be made ahead of time or it can be made while the vegetables are roasting. You ca serve this platter warm or cold . Dazzle your guests at your next get together with a quick and healthy vegetable platter without the mayonnaise.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- any combination of your favorite vegetables such as: squash, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, beets, carrots,asparagus, green beans, potatoes, sweet potatoes
- FOR THE CHEESE
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water over night
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ cup nutritional yeasrt
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- slice the vegetables so that they are similar in size and lay them on a parchment line baking sheetd
- drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 to 20 minutes checking for browing
- remove vegetables as they are cooked to your satisfaction
- cauliflower may take a bit longer
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***