Slow cooked chili chicken made with Tex-Mex flavors is a hearty and versatile meal.
This is the kind of chicken that can be cooked once and used a few times during the week. It’s a little more chunky than chili, and it can be served in a variety of ways. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy chicken chili:
- In a bowl as is topped with a spoonful of guacamole
- A burrito bowl that’s filled with lettuce
- Over rice
- Wrapped up in a burrito or taco
It’s the perfect kind of no-fuss slow cooker dinner, all you have to do is toss the ingredients into a slow cooker and come back a few hours later to a delicious hot meal.
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2½ cups diced tomatoes - fresh or canned
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2½ cups black beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Add chicken through beans to the slow cooker and cook for four hours
- Shred the chicken
- Add the lime juice and cilantro and serve
My Ingredient Picks. . .
Please note that some of these links are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through one of them, I will receive a small commission.
Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!