Crisp-tender green beans, mushrooms and ground pork in a spicy stir fry sauce – a quick, easy and healthy dinner.
Stir fry dinners are so easy to make. They literally take minutes to cook and they are made in one pan, which means easy clean up 🙂 . The most time consuming part is preparing and chopping the vegetables which can be done ahead of time. AND this recipe only has a few veggies to prep so dinner will be on the table pronto!
If you don’t have a wok, no problem! A really hot cast iron pan works well too. So why stop for takeout when you can whip up this flavor-packed stir fry instead?
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from an old cookbook of my mother’s which I haven’t seen in years, and I’ve recreated it from my memory. It tastes great plain or over a bed of organic brown rice.
AND just about every ingredient in this meal was grown locally – even the pork
Crisp-tender green beans, mushrooms and ground pork in a spicy stir fry sauce - a quick, easy… Click To Tweet
- 1 tablespoon olive or sesame oil
- ½ pound ground pork
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms
- ¾ pound green beans
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 to 3 sliced green onions for garnish
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced ginger root
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1/ 4 cup filtered water
- 1½ tablespoons arrow root powder
- clean and trim ends off of green beans
- slice mushrooms
- combine the sauce ingredients together - a small mason jar works well for this
- bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and add green beans - once they turn bright green (3 to 5 minutes) drain in COLD water to stop cooking and set aside.
- heat oil over high heat in cast iron pan or wok
- add the pork and garlic breaking up pork into bits until cooked through approximately 5 to 8 minutes
- once cooked place pork into a bowl
- add the mushrooms to pan and cook until the soften stir in the meat, green beans and crushed pepper
- stir in sauce and cook until heated through about 2 minutes - remove from heat
- top with green onions and serve over brown rice.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER:
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***