Spicy chicken tenders, a twist on traditional chicken tenders, are coated in a cayenne spiced bread crumb mix, then cooked in an air fryer to crispy perfection. Serve them with a side of bbq yogurt sauce for the perfect blend of spicy, sweet and tart.
- 1 pound chicken tenders or boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and set it aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and set it aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs and spices together.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then the bread crumbs making sure they are completely coated with the bread crumbs.
- Place the coated chicken pieces into an air fryer and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix up the sauce by combining 3 tablespoons of bbq sauce with 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- place the coated chicken pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Or place the chicken on top of a baking rack on the baking sheet.
- Category: dinner
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spicy chicken tenders, air fried chicken tenders