- 2 pieces of whole-grain naan bread, or two homemade flatbread crusts that are about 6 to 7 inches diameter
- 1 to 2 apples sliced thin
- 3 fresh figs cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 to 4 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- a few handfuls of baby arugula
- Pre-heat the oven to 400.
- Slice the apples and figs and set them aside.
- Crush the garlic, and add it to 1 tablespoon oil and stir.
- Use a pastry brush to smear the oil and garlic mixture over the flatbread crust.
- Top the flatbread with the apples, figs, and cheese crumbles.
- Bake until everything is heated through and the cheese melts – about 10 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven and top with baby arugula and serve.
Keywords: fig flatbread, apple fig flatbread