Apple nachos are a healthy and easy snack that everyone will love.
- 2 to 3 medium apples sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup cocoa nibs or mini dark chocolate chips
- Slice apples thin and arrange the slices on a plate.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the apple slices
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, raisins and cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
Slicing the apples – Slice an apple in half, remove the core with a knife, and then slice each half into quarters. Slice each quarter into half or quarters again depending on how thin you like your apple slices.
Keep the apples from turning brown – squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on them before adding the peanut butter
Thinning the peanut butter – If your peanut butter is not thin enough to drizzle over the apples, you can place it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and stir it to thin it out or you can gradually stir in water until it reaches a good drizzling texture.
- Category: snack
Keywords: apple nachos, peanut butter apple nachos, apple nachos with peanut butter