This Arugula Pesto recipe with walnuts and basil combines the peppery flavor of arugula with sweet basil, garlic, walnuts and olive oil to make a twist on traditional pesto sauce.
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped shelled chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the walnuts, garlic and cheese into a food processor and process until all ingredients are blended together – about 30 seconds
- Add the arugula and basil -pulse until leaves have broken up
- Gradually add the oil while the processing
- Adjust consistency by adding water
- Leave out the basil and use 4 cups of arugula.
- Replace the walnuts with almonds, sunflower seeds or pine nuts or a mixture of nuts and seeds.
- Roast the garlic before adding it to the pesto to mellow out the garlic flavor.
- Nutrition information calculation is for pesto sauce only, and does not include the pasta
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
- Category: no cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto recipe, pesto sauce, arugula pesto recipe