Balsamic Chicken Caprese Burger
Balsamic Caprese Chicken Burgers are garlicky and slightly sweet, and they are just perfect for summer grilling.
- Author: Anne
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 to 2 fresh tomatoes sliced
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- a handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- pre-heat the grill to medium
- crush 2 cloves of garlic and mix it into the ground chicken meat.
- crush the 3rd clove of garlic and combine it with the olive oil.
- form the ground chicken into 4 burgers.
- brush each burger with the olive oil and garlic mixture
- grill the burgers over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until it reaches an internal
temperature of 165.
- while the burgers are cooking, bring the balsamic to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and cook until it’s reduced by half – about 30 minutes.
- top each burger with one slice of mozzarella cheese, cover the grill and allow the cheese to melt for no longer than 2 minutes, remove from the grill
- Top each burger with tomato slice, chopped basil leaves and drizzle 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Substitute ground chicken with ground turkey, pork or beef.
- Add a slice of roasted peppers or cherry peppers to the burger.
- Add chopped oregano with the basil on top of the burger.
- Serve it on a bed of greens instead of a bun.
Cook the burgers in a skillet
These burgers can easily be cooked on top of the stove in a skillet. Here’s how:
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil
- Place the burgers that have been brushed with oil and garlic in a pan
- Cook for 7 minutes and flip. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes longer until the burger reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- Top with cheese and cover the pan until the cheese melts.
*** Nutrition information does not include the roll
Keywords: Caprese burgers, chicken caprese, balsamic chicken