Banana sushi is fun and easy to make. It's a perfect healthy snack or dessert that everyone will love.
When it comes to snacking, it's not always easy to find a healthy one, and banana sushi is a hit every time I make it. It takes only a few minutes to put together, and it you can customize it.
If you don't like peanut butter, there's always almond butter or cashew butter. Once you try banana sushi you will wonder why you have never made it before.
- It tastes delicious and it's healthy!
- It's quick easy to make with only five ingredients, head to the recipe to see how.
- It's customizable, see the recipe variations or make up your own combination.
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Banana sushi rolls can be made in just minutes. All that has to be done is cut the bananas in half and slather them with peanut buter and set them aside. Chop the walnuts and chocolate and mix them together with the coconut shreds. Roll each banana in the nut mixture and cut them into slices.
- Spreading the peanut butter onto the banana can be messy, it helps to stand the banana up on the cut (flat end) to make spreading the peanut butter easier.
- Use a banana that is just turning ripe, an overly ripe banana will be too soft to work with when spreading on the peanut butter.
Storage & make ahead tips
You can easily make this ahead of time and store it in the rerigerator in an air tight container for up to two.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to makig banana sushi, here are some suggestions:
- Instead of peanut butter, use almond, cashew or sun butter.
- Replace or add to the walnuts your favorite nuts such as chopped pecans, macadamia nuts, pistachios, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds.
- In place of chocolate chunks use cacao nibs.
You Might Also Like These Homemade Naturally Sweet Treats
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- ⅛ cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 ½ to 2 ounces dark chocolate (65 to 70%)
Slice each banana in half and spread peanut butter on each half
Chop the nuts and chocolate, combine them with the coconut into a shallow bowl
Roll the peanut butter covered bananas into the mixture in the bowl
Slice into ¾ inch slices
- Instead of peanut butter, use almond, cashew or sun butter
- Replace or add to the walnuts your favorite nuts such as chopped pecans, macadamia nuts, pistachios,cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ½ banana
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.