BBQ portobello mushrooms is easy and filling vegetarian side dish recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps cleaned with stems removed and cut into chunks or slices
- 1 1/2 cups Kevin’s Natural Foods Korean BBQ Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets (about on head of fresh broccoli)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- Marinate the mushrooms in one-half cup of the Korean BBQ sauce for at least one hour.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium to high heat
- Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften and release liquid (about 5 to 7 minutes)
- Add the broccoli florets and cook until it’s crisp-tender which is about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the sauce and sriracha sauce and cook for a minute or two longer until everything is heated through.
If you prefer your broccoli more cooked, put a lid on the pan for about three to five minutes or until it’s at the texture you like.
For a non-vegetarian version, marinate 1/2 pound chicken tenders in addition to the broccoli. Brown the chicken tenders for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: BBQ portobello mushrooms, Korean BBQ Portobello, Mushrooms and Broccoli