Cheddar apple biscuits are a combination of apple and cheddar wrapped into a biscuit. They are perfect for fall or any time of the year.
***Thank you Zyliss, and Bob’s Red Mill for sending products to make these biscuits. As always all opinions are my own.***
This post may contain affiliate links for more information, please see our Disclosure.
These biscuits are not like most apple biscuits that are sweet and usually topped with a sugary glaze.
I like my food savory, and I think apples + cheddar is a much better combination especially when sharp cheddar cheese is involved.
Cheddar Apple biscuits are made with just a few ingredients. They are moist, savory, and slightly sweet; once you have a taste, you will be making them throughout the fall.
Apple Cheddar Biscuits Ingredients
- almond flour – Finely ground and blanched is the best choice, I use like Bob’s Red Mill
- cheddar cheese – sharp or extra sharp cheddar adds a extra level of flavor
- Greek yogurt
- Envy apples are my first choice of apples to make these biscuits. If you don’t have and Envy apples, you can use any type of apple that you have on hand
- baking soda
- aluminum free baking powder
Apple Cheddar Biscuits Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- prepare the ingredients: core and chop the apples, the zyliss apple corer and pairing knife work well for this
- grate the cheese, whisk the eggs
- place the almond flour, baking soda and powder into a bowl
- stir in the eggs, apples and shredded cheese
- use a large spoon to drop the batter onto a baking sheet
- bake the biscuits in the oven
Total Estimate Time to Make Apple Cheddar Biscuits: 45 to 50 Minutes.
Apple Cheddar Biscuits Tips and Suggestions
- Store unused biscuits in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Add in chopped green onions or crumbled bacon
- Change up the cheese, substitute the cheddar for Parmesan or Swiss cheese
You Might Also Like these Apple Recipes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking baking soda
- 2 cups super fine blanched almond flour
- 1 cup diced apples (about 2 apples)
- ¾ cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- preheat the oven to 350
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- dice the apples and shred the cheese, set aside
- measure the dry ingredients ( 2 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 2 cups almond flour) and place them into a mixing bowl
- whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the dry ingredients
- add the yogurt, apples and shredded cheese and mix everything in
- using a large spoon such as a wooden spoon or serving spoon, drop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- bake until done - about 25 to 30 minutes. The biscuits will start to turn golden on the outside.
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
LET’S CELEBRATE APPLES!
This week is #appleweek 2019 a celebration of the produce darling of the season! Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla arranged this incredible event for you and wrangled a group of bloggers to celebrate all things apples, apples, and more apples all week long!
Camilla, the event host, also lined up some amazing prize packages from our sponsors. Click this link for my Braised Chicken and Apples, and scroll down to see what you can win, then enter the rafflecopter the end of the post.
Check out These Apple Week recipes from my Blogging Friends
- Apple Cider Tea Latte by Who Needs A Cape?
- Cheddar Apple Biscuits by Simple and Savory
- Chicken Normandy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Covered Minnie Apples by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Oat Crisp-Stuffed Apples with Vanilla Caramel Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla