It’s the medjool dates that make these caramel bites a healthy option that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
I make these delicious little bites all of the time, and I even thought the recipe was on the blog until a friend asked me for it, and I realized it wasn’t there. I have the recipe memorized so maybe that’s why it slipped my mind. Or it could be that there are only four ingredients and no cooking which qualifies for no recipe required. Either way, after you make these tasty treats once or twice, and I’m sure you will, you will have the recipe memorized too – they are that simple to make. [bctt tweet=”Once you take a bite, of these date caramel bites, you will have to remind yourself that they are healthy because they that good!” username=”simpleandsavory”]
All you need to make these is a food processor, medjool dates, natural peanut butter, dark organic chocolate and a little bit of coconut oil. So go ahead and enjoy these decadant bites without the guilt!
- place the dates and the peanut butter in a food processor and process until it becomes a thick and smooth paste.
- place mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least a half hour
- melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or use a double boiler
- roll the caramel mixture into ¾ inch balls
- dip each ball into chocolate
- return to refrigerator until chocolate is set
- store in refrigerator for up to a week - if they last that long!
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***