Chopped Greek Salad with Lemon Dressing is made with bite sized pieces of fresh vegetables and feta cheese tossed in a homemade lemon dressing.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 small to medium onion)
- 1 medium cucumber or 2 small
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chickpeas (canned and rinsed or dried and cooked)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano
Recipe Serves 2 for dinner and 4 for a side salad
- Make the Salad: chop up the vegetables and olives; add them to a salad bowl along with the drained chickpeas.
- Add the Chopped Lettuce
- Make the Dressing: Chop the oregano, garlic and add them to a small jar or bowl with the lemon juice and olive oil. Cover the jar and shake it up or if you are using a bowl whisk the ingredients together.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad.
- Mix up the Salad and serve with remainder dressing on the side.
- Make a Vegan Greek Chopped Salad by leaving out the feta cheese and substituting the honey with an equal amount of maple syrup.
- The fresh garlic can be substituted with 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Fresh oregano can be substituted with 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano.
- Add a 1/2 cup of sliced pepperincini peppers to spice up the salad.
- Add 1/2 cup cooked quinoa to the salad.
- Use half chopped spinach and half romaine lettuce or any lettuce that you like.
- Make it a meal and add chopped cooked chicken breast or shrimp to the salad.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Chopped Greek Salad with Lemon Dressing, chopped Greek Salad, Greek Chopped Salad