Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with coconut, dark chocolate chips and almond flour; a gluten-free twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies.
I think it’s safe to say that chocolate chip cookies are one of the most popular cookies to make, wouldn’t you? How can you not be tempted to bite into one of these iconic cookies when they are sitting in front of you. I know we can’t resist them in our house, and there are so many ways to make chocolate chip cookies. We like nuts, oatmeal and even coconut to ours. These coconut chocolate chip cookies are our new favorite. They are made with coconut, almond flour, and coconut sugar. They are moist on the inside and just a little crispy on the outside.
This week I am joining some blogging friends for the sweetest cookie exchange; a week-long virtual cookie exchange. We are sharing our brand new cookie recipes for the holiday season. And a bonus, the sweetest cookie exchange has partnered with Cookies for Kids’ with Cancer, a charity dedicated to funding research for childhood cancer. You can check them out or make a donation right here.
Gluten-Free Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond flour is my favorite gluten-free flour to use when baking. Almond flour is higher in fat which means moist and tender baked goods, it’s perfect for cookies and muffins. If you are not gluten-free, you can use 1 cup whole wheat or regular flour. Here’s the recipe.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour (or whole wheat)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- pre-heat oven to 350
- combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside
- place coconut oil and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix with electric mixer at medium speed until combined
- add the egg and mix at medium until combined
- stir in the almond flour mixture with a wooden spoon, mix well
- next, add coconut flakes and chocolate chips and combine well
- using two spoons drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until done
Ingredients/Tools Used in This Recipe…
Please note that these are affiliate links which means that if you click on one of them and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***