Crispy Puffed Rice and Nut Clusters are slightly sweet, savory, and crispy. They are gluten free and perfect for snacking on.
- 6 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2 cups organic puffed rice
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the puffs and nuts into a large bowl and set it aside
- Place the syrup, garlic powder, and salt into a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook on low for 5 minutes more, stir in the vinegar and the arrowroot powder stirring while cooking until mixture thickens.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and puffed rice and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking sheet evenly and pat it down
- Sprinkle the mixture with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes until the mixture begins to turn brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to crisp up.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Try swapping out the nuts and seeds in this recipe for: pecans, almonds, pepitas, chia seeds or quinoa.
Add 1/2 cup of coconut flakes or dried fruit such as raisins or craisins to the mixture.
Replace the maple syrup with an equal amount of honey.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Puffed Rice Clusters