This is the perfect salsa for summer! It’s slightly sweet and a little bit spicy.
- 1 cup diced cucumber (about one medium cucumber)
- 1 cup diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- a handful of fresh mint and cilantro or both chopped fine
- Slice cucumbers into quarters vertically, using a knife remove the seeds and set aside. Then dice the cucumber and place into a bowl.
- Chop up the watermelon into small pieces that are the same size as the cucumber, and place it intoto the bowl with the cucumber
- Dice onion and place the bowl
- Add the chopped herbs to the bowl
- Mix the lime juice and oil together and pour over all; gently stir
- For a spicy version of salsa add a diced jalpeno pepper.
- Add diced cantelope, honeydew melon or even tomatoes to the salsa.
- Change up the herbs – try fresh basil, oregano, lemon balm or any of your favorite herbs.
- Category: Appeitizer
- Cuisine: American/Mexican
Keywords: salsa, cucumber, watermelon, salsa recipe