Cucumbers and onions in vinegar is a combination of crispy cucumbers and onions in a tangy yet slightly sweet vinegar. It’s a classic summer side dish that can be made in minutes.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3/4 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- pepper to taste
- with a sharp knife or mandolin slice the cucumbers and onions very thin
- place the onions and cucumbers into a bowl; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sea salt and 3/4 tablespoon sugar and mix well
- set the mixture aside for at least one hour to allow the cucumbers to release water
- add the vinegar and stir – adjust the salad with salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- top them with fresh dill
- Red onions can be substituted with vadilia onions.
- Change up the vinegar, replace the apple cider vinegar with red or white vinegar
- The cucumbers should release enough water to dilute the vinegar, if you need to adjust the taste, add a few tablespoons of water.
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.