- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- Slice the dates in half and remove the pits
- Place the almonds to the food processor and process them until they become crumbly
- Add the dates and cacao powder
- process until the mixture forms a large ball
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and place it into a bowl – refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll the mixtue into 1/2 inch balls
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut and enjoy
Chocolate almond bites will keep in the refrigerator for a week and they can also be frozen. Here’s how: place the chocolate almond bites onto a cookie sheet and add it to the freezer. Once the bites are frozen store them in a freezer container. Allow them to thaw or enjoy them frozen.
Change it Up
- Substitute the almonds with cashews, peanuts, or pistachios.
- Roll the bites in chopped nuts or melted chocolate in place of the coconut.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate almond bites, Chocolate almond