Tis the season for cookies, but then again isn’t every season cookie season? Chocolate chip cookies are on our favorite list, and I’m sure we are not alone. Here is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour.
Even if your body can tolerate gluten, these cookies are a healthier option than the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe. Almond flour is lower in carbohydrates and higher and protein so you can have you chocolate chip cookies without guilt.
This recipe was inspired from a recipe on Bob’s Red Mill website which I tweaked a little bit.
- 3 cups almond meal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- pre-heat oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- combine the almond meal, baking soda and salt into a bowl and set aside
- mix the coconut oil and syrup in a separate bowl until creamy about two minutes
- add the eggs and vanilla and mix for two to three minutes more
- gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well combined
- stir in the chocolate chips and the walnuts
- roll the dough into one inch balls - place on cookie sheet and gently press down
- bake for 15 minutes
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***