Peanut butter blossoms cookies have been given a make-over into a better for you version. They taste just as delicious as the original version.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- up to 1/4 cup coconut sugar for rolling dough
- 36 dark chocolate candy kisses or dark chocolate pieces
- combine the sugar, butter and peanut butter in a bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed.
- add the egg, vanilla and salt and mix at low speed until combined
- add the flour and baking soda with a mixer or wooden spoon – mix until all ingredients are combined
- cover the bowl and place dough into the refrigerator for
- 30 minutes pre-heat the oven to 375 and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper
- roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls into the coconut sugar if you are using it.
- place the cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown
- remove the cookies from oven and gently press a kiss into the top of each cookie
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, peanut butter cookies, peanut butter blossoms