Healthy Macaroni Salad with Tuna
Healthy macaroni salad with tuna is a healthy twist on a classic favorite. It’s still as satisfying and flavorful and it’s counterpart and it’s perfect for a meal or a side dish.
- Author: Anne
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 cups (approximately 2 1/2 cups uncooked) of cooked small pasta such as shells, elbows or ditalini
- 3/4 cup diced celery – about 3 stalks
- 3/4 cup diced bell pepper (red, or green)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up the vegetables and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain the tuna and place it in the same bowl as the vegetables.
- Drain the cooked pasta and rinse it under cold water and set it aside to cool.
- Once the pasta is at room temperature add it to the bowl with the tuna and vegetables.
- Combine the ingredients
- Mix the dressing ingredients ttogether in a bowl or a ason jar (1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar).
- Add half of the dressing and store the salad in the refrigerator until 10 mintues before serving. Stir in the remaining dressing.
- Leave out the tuna for a classic vegetarian macaroni salad
- Substitute 1/4 pound shredded chicken for the tuna
- Add 1/2 cup peas, chopped boiled eggs, or olives to the salad
Keywords: healthy macaroni salad with tuna, tuna mac salad, macaroni salad