Skip the coffee shop and make your own Vanilla Iced Chai Latte at home. It is refreshing, delicious, slightly sweet and can be made with any type of milk.
Homemade chai latte is so easy to make and customize, I can hardly call it a recipe. Here are the basic ingredients that you will need to make your own iced vanilla chai latte: Vanilla Chai , filtered water, maple syrup, almond, coconut or cashew milk.
I received product samples to create this post from Grosche International, as always all opinions are my own.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
I used to think of chai latte as a treat and something that I wouldn’t make at home until I learned that the coffee shop versions have just as much sugar as a candy bar. That’s very disappointing because chai all by itself is pretty good for you with anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, so why do they have to load it up with sugar?
Since I am the only one in my family that enjoys drinking an iced chai latte, I make individual servings of it, usually to go, and this Copenhagen Double Wall Glass Infuser Bottle from Grosche International is just perfect. I can steep the tea right in the bottle, then add some ice and nut milk and go. Plus, it has a nice little removable insulated sleeve that keeps my drinks hot or cold.
Chai is a tea that is typically made with black tea as a base and combined with any variation of spices which are usually cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, fennel, pepper, coriander and star anise. You can mix and match your own blend of chai at home by adding your choice of spices to black tea. Or you can buy pre-mixed chai from Grosche. They have several varieties to choose from and they all taste great both hot and cold.
When you buy any product from Grosche International a portion of that sale will fund their safe water projects. Grosche Safe water Projects provide safe drinking water to those who need it around the world. You will not only be purchasing high quality teas and products for yourself, you are also helping to provide safe drinking water to someone who really needs it.
Here is how to Make an Individual Portion of Vanilla Iced Chai Latte
- Heat water on top of the stove
- Add the chai to steeper basket
- Pour the hot water over the chai and allow to steep for 8 to 10 minutes
- Stir in maple syrup
- Add ice and milk
Tips for making Iced Chai Latte
- Make a big batch of chai tea, add the maple syrup and store it in a pitcher in the fridge. Just before serving add the milk and enjoy!
- To avoid a watered down iced chai latte from the melting ice cubes, allow the chai to steep longer than you normally would for a stronger chai (12 to 15 minutes), or freeze the milk into ice cubes and chill your chai latte with milk ice cubes.
- Make ahead tip – steep the chai the night before, add the maple syrup and refrigerate. Pour in the milk the next morning and enjoy.
- Any kind of milk will do! My favorite is cashew milk or cow’s milk but whatever milk that you like to drink works!
- Leave out the ice for a warm vanilla chai latte
- Change it up! Make your iced chai latte with your favorite chai blend or try out these from Grosche International: Wellness Dawn Organic Turmeric Chai, Red Rubios Chai, or Kama Sutra Chai
Serving Suggestions for Iced Vanilla Chai Latte
Vanilla Iced chai latte is great to drink all by itself or enjoy it for breakfast or a snack:
- Banana Chocolate Walnut Overnight Oats
- Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
- Nutty Energy Bars
- Coconut Clusters
- 12 ounces water
- 1 tablespoons chai
- approximately ⅛ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Heat the water on top of the stove
Fill a steeper basket with the chai
Pour the hot water over the tea
Stir in the maple syrup
Allow the chai to steep for up up to 12 minutes
Remove the steeper bakset
Add ice and milk
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 6 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.