YES! It is possible to eat healthy on a budget!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Many people think eating healthy can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s actually very possible to eat healthy foods without breaking the bank, that is as long as you know where and how to shop for them. Here are five tips for eating healthy on a budget:
- Make your own processed foods when possible. There are so many packaged items in the supermarket that can easily be made at home. Homemade is less expensive and it tastes so much better. Hummus and dips are a few of the things I now make myself because they are super easy to make. Try out these recipes for homemade beet hummus and white bean dip – they taste much better than any pre-made version.
- Eat less meat and more plant based foods. Beans and whole grains are a good source of protein and they cost much less than meat. Here is recipe for black bean burgers. They are just as satisfying as hamburgers!
- Shop Local or Grow Your Own Food- Locally sourced fresh vegetables and fruits that are in season not only taste delicious, they are usually less expensive. Better yet, start a small vegetable or herb garden in your yard or patio for super fresh produce.
- Cook Your Own Meals. Skip takeout and dining out in restaurants and you will have more money to spend on the healthy stuff. The average American spends approximately $225 per month on eating out in restaurants and takeout. You can buy a LOT of organic healthy food with $225. Save dining out for those special occasions!
- Use Coupons. (I saved the best for last!) I purchase most of my non-perishable foods online and I just recently found out about Groupon Coupons. If you haven’t heard of them yet, you HAVE to check them out. They have 63,907 coupons from over 10,000 stores! When I heard that, I knew there had to be at least one place to get a coupon for healthy food, and there was! My two favorite online places to buy non-perishable foods — Vitacost and Amazon! These stores offer a variety of coupons for product discounts, free shipping and more. Now I can buy whole grains, beans, nuts oils and all of my other non-perishables using a Groupon Coupon and save money! 🙂
[bctt tweet=”YES! It is possible to eat healthy on a budget! #grouponcoupons #ad” username=”simpleandsavory”]
Since I will have some extra cash thanks to Groupon Coupons, I might just head over to Travelocity and book an end of summer weekend getaway! 🙂 Where is your favorite place to shop? I’m sure there is a Groupon Coupon for it!