Arugula and Basil Pesto Sauce is a mix of arugula and basil served over a bed of whole wheat linguine or your favorite pasta. It’s perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Pesto has to be one of the easiest sauces to make, you don’t have to cook it, and there are only a few simple ingredients. How much easier can it get? This sauce is the perfect mix of two vibrant flavors that blend amazingly well together. I’ve had plain arugula pesto before, and I missed the flavor of basil. So I decided to combine the two and I think this is my absolute favorite pesto.
Not only is arugula and basil pesto sauce flavorful and fresh, it’s healthy too. Arugula is a rich source of folic acid, vitamins A, C, K and an array of minerals. Basil is a close second. It’s an excellent source of vitamins A, C & K as well as a variety of minerals.
So. . . what are you waiting for? Make a batch of this for dinner tonight and serve it with a chopped salad and use what’s left on sandwiches, over vegetables, chicken or seafood. It also freezes well without the cheese which should be added at the very end!
[bctt tweet=”Arugula and Basil Pesto Sauce is a mix of arugula and basil served over a bed of whole wheat linguine or your favorite pasta” username=”simpleandsavory”]
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed baby arugula
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, walnuts or pine nuts
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the garlic in the food processor and process until coarsely chopped
- next add the nuts and pulse until coarsely chopped
- add the arugula and basil - process until rough chopped
- while processing add the oil and process until well blended
- add the cheese just before serving
- serve over your favorite whole wheat or gluten free pasta and top with Parmesan cheese