Oatmeal carrot breakfast cookie is a wholesome, grab and go breakfast or snack that your whole family will love.
This is a sponsored post brought to you by Quaker Oats. All opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Oats are so good for us, they are a nutritious whole grain that breaks down into slowly absorbed glucose to give you long lasting energy, and that’s the best kind of energy. So why not load up your breakfast with nutritious Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats in a breakfast cookie?
Don’t these cookies look absolutely delicious? They are thick and hearty almost like a bowl of oatmeal that is baked into an oversized cookie. Every time I make them, they disappear real fast, and I suspect some are even eaten as dessert.
Oatmeal Carrot Breakfast Cookies
These breakfast cookies are super easy to make, and they are filled with wholesome ingredients. Make a double batch of them and freeze them, they thaw out quickly for a grab and go breakfast option or a mid-day snack.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup mashed banana - approximately 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups Quaker Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- pre-heat oven to 350
- mix together the almond flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda and sea salt in a small bowl and set aside
- in a separate bowl, add the coconut sugar, almond butter, and mashed banana - using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed until all ingredients are blended
- blend in the egg and vanilla
- add the flour/spice mixture and blend well
- next, using a spoon stir in the carrots, raisins, walnuts, and oats
- using an ice cream scoop - place mounds of cookie dough onto a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper, press down
- bake for 15 minutes
Here’s a video that shows just how easy these breakfast cookies are to make.
BONUS! Enter below into the “I Heart Quaker Oats” sweepstakes for a chance to win a prize pack valued at $500! Spoiler – it includes a Kitchen Aid Mixer! No Purchase Necessary! Ends February 28, 2018.