One Pan Mediterranean Quiche
A filling breakfast Quiche that’s filled with fresh vegetables and deliciousness on a potato crust.
- Author: Anne
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil – divided
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes shredded which will make about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach rough chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Pre-heat the oven to 425
- Shred the potatoes using a hand grater or food processor
- Place the shredded potatoes in a kitchen towel or cheese cloth and squeeze the moisture out
- Add the shredded potatoes to a pie plate that has been coated with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Use a spatula or your hands to press the potatoes into the pie plate
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over the potato crust with a pastry brush
- Place the crust into the oven an bake until the potatoes start to brown – about 20 minutes
- While the crust is baking, chop the onion (1/2 cup), 2 cups baby spinach, 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup kalamata olives and set them aside
- Once the crust is finished, reduce the oven heat to 375
- Top the potato crust with spinach, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, and cheese and set it aside
- Add 6 eggs, 1/4 cup milk,1 teaspoon oregano to a bowl and mix them well with a whisk
- Pour the egg mixture over all of the ingredients in the pie plate
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Make the entire quiche ahead of time and bake it. Re-heat it in the oven just before serving.
- Make the crust ahead of time and mix up the filling ingredients and bake it just before serving.
- For a meaty version, add 1/4 to 1/2 pound cooked ground breakfast sausage to the quiche
- Change up the vegetables by adding or swapping asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, arugula, mushrooms.
- Replace the potato crust with a traditional pie crust.
- For a dairy free version – use almond milk and sheep milk feta cheese
Keywords: mediterranean quiche, spinach quiche, breakfast quiche