Pasta and Spinach with Musrhooms is flavorful pasta recipe that is made with a combination of meaty mushrooms mixed with whole wheat pasta spinach and garlic in a light buttery wine sauce. It’s vegetarian with a vegan option.
This pasta recipe couldn’t get any easier! Aside from cooking the pasta, everything is made in one pan.
While the pasta is cooking, saute the mushrooms and garlic in butter for a few minutes, add a little bit of white wine, cooked pasta and spinach. Stir it until the spinach wilts, and dinner is ready, just like that!
The mushrooms make this dish hearty enough so that you won’t miss the meat. Serve it all by itself of or with a salad on the side for an extra serving of fresh vegetables.
Here is what you will need to make pasta and spinach with mushrooms
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
These ingredietns may seem a little plain, but when they are mixed together, they are full of flavor.
- Whole wheat or gluten free pasta any shape or size. We prefer penne pasta because the veggies and sauce stick to the ridges in the pasta.
- Fresh baby spinach or frozen can be substituted, but will not taste as fresh.
- Mushrooms – we like a combination of cremini and shitake, but any kind will work.
- Butter or olive oil or a combination of both
- White wine or vegetable stock
- Sundried tomatoes
Why this recipe works
- It’s quick! From start to finish, you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- It’s packed with simple, healthy every day ingredients.
- It is a filling, nutritious dinner that everyone will love.
If fresh spinach isn’t available, you can use a 10 ounce package of frozen spinach that has been cooked and drained. Add it to the musrhooms and garlic with the pasta.
Meal Prep – For an even quicker dinner, wash, and chop the vegetables ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator in separate containers.They will be ready to go when it’s time to start cooking.
Storage – Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. Freezing is not recommended.
Add Meat Toss in 1/2 pound cooked chicken or shrimp to the pasta with the spinach.
Change up the veggies – Replace the spinach with arugula, steamed broccoli, sauteed kale or zucchini.
Have you Tried These Quick Dinner Recipes?Print
Pasta and Spinach with Musrhooms
Pasta and Spinach with Musrhooms is flavorful pasta recipe that is made with a combination of meaty mushrooms mixed with whole wheat pasta, spinach and garlic in a light butter wine sauce. It’s vegetarian with a vegan option.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare the ingredients: chop the spinach, sun dried tomaotes and garlic, slice the musrhooms and set them aside.
- Boil the water for the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, place 1 tablespoon of butter or oil into a skillet with the garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms with garlic stirring occasionally until they begin to soften. Reduce the heat and add the wine.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain it and add it to the pan with the mushrooms and stir in the sun dried tomaotes.
- Add the spinach and the remaining oil, stir until spinach begins to wilt.
- Sprinkle with cheese if using and serve.
If fresh spinach isn’t available, you can use a frozen 10 ounce package of spinach that has been cooked and drained. Add it to the musrhooms and garlic with the pasta.
For an even quicker dinner, wash, and chop the vegetables ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator in separate containers.They will be ready to go when it’s time to start cooking.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. Freezing is not recommended.
Add 1/2 pound cooked chicken or shrimp to the pasta.
Change up the veggies, replace the spinach withsauteed kale, steamed broccoli or sauteed zucchini.
Keywords: Pasta with spinach, spinach and mushrooms
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.