Five Ingredient Guacamole
Quick and easy guacamole with only six ingredients. It’s naturally gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
- Author: Anne
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 8 - 2 oz servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Up to 1 diced jalapeno pepper – optional
- Prepare the ingredients: cut the avocados in half and remove the pits, crush the garlic, squeeze the lime juice, chop the cilantro and mince the onions
- using a spoon, scoop the flesh out of the avocado and place it into a bowl and mash with a fork
- add the crushed garlic, lime juice, pepper and cilantro and mix well
- serve immediately If there are leftovers, stir in a splash of lemon juice to the guacamole.
Mortar and Pestle Method
- Prepare the ingredients: rough chop the onions, garlic and cilantro. Squeeze the lime juice, slice open the avocados and remove the pits.
- Place the garlic and onions into the mortar (bowl) and mash it using the pestle
- Add the cilantro and lime juice and continue to mash until a paste forms
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and place it & the jalapenos if you are using them into the pestle and continue to mash it until the guacamole reaches a consistency that you like.
Keywords: quick guacamole, easy guacamole, homemade guacamole