Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies – Shortbread cookies that are made with naturally sweet coconut sugar, whole wheat flour then filled with raspberry preserves.
I’m sure you agree that Christmas and cookies just go together! This week I am partnering with my blogging friends to bring you our very best Christmas cookie recipes plus a giveaway. Neilsen-Massey Fine Vanillas and flavors are offering one lucky winner a set of their pure flavors. The gift set includes 2 ounces each of orange, lemon, peppermint, almond, chocolate, coffee, rose water and orange blossom water.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has been crafting the world’s finest vanillas and flavors since 1907. Each of Nielsen-Massey’s all natural pure flavors are crafted with premium ingredients that have been sourced from around the world. Nielsen-Massey’s pure flavors offer consistency, and quality to ensure that your favorite recipes taste delicious every time. All products are gluten-free, allergen-free, GMO-free, all-natural and kosher.
I’m kicking off Christmas Cookie Week with these raspberry thumbprint cookies; a healthier twist on traditional thumbprint cookies. They are made with naturally sweet coconut sugar and whole wheat flour in place of their refined counterparts. Judging by how quickly they disappeared after I made them, I don’t think anyone noticed that I used healthier ingredients. It seems that when I tell my family that I use better ingredients, they turn their noses up, so I just let them have a taste and don’t say a word. When I made these gluten-free coconut chocolate chip cookies with coconut sugar and almond flour, they were devoured pretty quickly too. I always use natural sweeteners instead of refined, and coconut sugar is my first choice when making cookies. Coconut sugar has been less processed and it can be evenly swapped for refined sugar. Here’s how you make the cookies. . .
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- raspberry fruit spread or jam
- preheat oven to 350
- place butter in mixing bowl along with sugar and mix at medium speed until well blended
- next, add the egg and vanilla and mix at medium until combined
- add the flour and baking soda and mix
- place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- remove dough from refrigerator and roll dough into one inch sized balls, pressing the center with your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon to make and indentation
- fill each hole with raspberry spread
- bake for 12 to 15 minutes
Tools/Ingredient picks for this recipe:
Please note that these are affiliate links. Which means that if you click on one of them and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
Check out these cookie recipes too!
- Alfajores (dulce de leche sandwich cookies) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Candy Cane Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Christmas Popcorn Bars by My Southern Sweet Tooth
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Dutch Speculaas Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Empire Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Gingerbread Gooey Butter Cookies by Making Miracles
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Holiday Sugar Sprinkle Butter Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Italian Rainbow Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Makrut Macaroons by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha filled Sandwich Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pecan Caramel Turtle Bars by Tip Garden
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies) by The Redhead Baker
- Peppermint Candy Canes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peppermint Macarons by House of Nash Eats
- Peppermint Mocha Shortbread Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peppermint Shortbread by Feeding Big
- Peppermint Shortbreads by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Filled Coconut Snowflakes by Making The Most of Naptime
- Raspberry Thumbprint cookies by Simple And Savory
- Rum Logs by Corn, Beans Pigs and Kids
- Simple Sugar Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Vanilla Bean Pizzelles by Love and Confections
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
I received a free sample of Nielsen-Massey Vanilla to make these cookies, all opinions are my own.