Sparkling and refreshing Red White and Blue Sangria is the perfect drink for your July 4th celebrations and all summer long.It’s almost July 4th, a day that’s filled with fireworks, picnics, barbecues, backyard fun and of course, food and drink. I’ve teamed up with some of my blogging friends to share our favorite patriotic recipes and we have some good ones for you!
I made up a batch of Red White and Blue Sangria for the celebration. Even though you can make sangria with just about any kind of fruit, all of the beautiful fruits that are in season right now add a festive patriotic touch. It’s loaded with fruit which sweetens up the wine just enough so that you don’t need additional sweeteners. However, if you prefer your sangria on the sweeter side, a tablespoon of honey will do the trick which is what I love about homemade sangria, you can adapt it any way you like.
Sangria is a such a great party drink, you can make up a big batch ahead of time and you are good to go when your guests arrive. You can even make it the day before because the longer it sits, the better it tastes! Enjoy sipping on this refreshing drink on a hot summer day!
- 1 750 ml bottle of white blend wine such as Frey or Apothic White
- 2 apples cut into cubes or stars
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup watermelon cubes or stars
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- 1½ ounces brandy
- place fruit into a pitcher
- add the wine and the brandy
- place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- serve over crushed ice with a splash of seltzer or sparkling water
If you are looking for something to eat with your sangria, check out these recpes. . .
- Apple Slab Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Berry Phyllo Cups with Lemon Cheesecake Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Best Fruit Kabobs by Feeding Big
- Patriotic Cupcakes by Family Around The Table
- Red Velvet Dulce de Leche Poke Cake by Frugal Pantry
- Red, White and Blue Berry Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Bundt by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Red, White & Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White & Blue Nachos by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Scones by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Simple and Savory