Roasted Baby Turnips with Sauteed Turnip Greens
Sweet and tender baby turnips are roasted in olive oil and garlic then tossed with turnip greens for a delicious spring side dish.
- Author: Anne
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches of baby turnips with greens
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400
- Rinse the turnips, cut off the tops and set them aside
- Rough chop the garlic cloves and keep each chopped clove separate
- Trim the root ends off of the turnips. slice them in half and add them to a cast iron pan along with one clove chopped garlic.
- Add the olive oil to the turnips and sitr making sure the turnips are coated in oil
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the turnips in oil for 10 minutes
- Give them a quick stir and roast for 10 minutes longer or until the turnips begin to turn golden in color.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and place the turnips onto a serving plate.
- Place the pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and the greens; stir until they begin to wilt.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the turnips from the platter to heat them through and serve.
Stir in a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar or tamari sauce to the pan with the turnip greens.
Top the baby turnips with sauteed greens with toasted sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds for a little bit of crunch.
If you don’t have fresh garlic replace it with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder per clove.
Keywords: baby turnips, sauteed turnip greens, roasted turnips