Roasted yellow potatoes are a delicious side dish recipe that goes with everything.
1 1/2 pounds baby yellow potatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 ounces sliced leeks
1 tablespoon of fresh Rosemary and Thyme – stems removed
- pre-heat the oven to 410
- slice the leeks and place them in a bowl of cold water for about 5 minutes.
- drain them and rinse them again in a colander, pat them dry and set them aside.
- slice the baby potatoes in half and place them in a bowl toss them with oil and a little bit of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- arrange the oil-coated potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake them until they are fork-tender which will be about 15 to 20 minutes.
- while the potatoes are cooking, add the butter to a skillet and melt it over medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the sliced leeks with garlic and begin to caramelize them; this should take about 15 minutes.
- add the chopped rosemary and the roasted potatoes; toss everything together and serve immediately.
Yukon Gold or larger yellow potatoes can be used in place of the baby potatoes. Cut them into chunks that are 1 1/2 to 2 inches in size.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted yellow Potatoes, Roasted Baby Potatoes