Change up your granola game with savory granola. It’s a little bit sweet, spicy, nutty and delicious. Serve it as a snack or sprinkle it on top of your favorite salad.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 2 cups oats, 1 cup almonds, 3 tablespoons chia seeds, 1/2 cup walnut pieces, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds into a bowl.
- Whisk together the 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon tamari sauce, 1/2 cup honey and then the egg white. Note: it’s important to add the ingredients in this order so that the heat from the coconut oil will not cook the egg white.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the mixture in the bowl.
- Add the seasonings to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press down using the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake the granola for 15 minutes
- Remove the granola from the oven and press it down again. Let it cool on top of the stove. Once it’s cool enough to handle break the granola.
Change it Up
- Use any combination of nuts and seeds that you like, here are some suggestions: macadamia nuts, cashews, pecans, hazel nuts, quinoa, chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds
- For a nut free version use seeds only, such as: quinoa, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds.
- Category: snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: savory granola, granola vegan, homemade granola